The committee is currently chaired by OCAD SU Director of Campaigns and Advocacy, Ashwini Gawli. The other members are Khadija Farow, Manager of Advocacy Services, and Tureya Akobar, Outreach Coordinator.
Call for Committee Members
Are you interested in fostering change on campus? Join the Campaigns and Actions Committee.
Members of the committee will be responsible for creating, promoting, and offering insights on OCAD Student Union campaigns, initiatives, outreach, and events for the OCAD U community in line with the OCAD SU mandate and mission. The Campaigns and Action Committee is both a consulting body and a working group (when necessary), able to carry out the committee’s work on campus or externally.
Committee members are expected to attend a total of 4 meetings (60 minutes each) per term where we discuss and collaborate to plan and execute student-led campaigns and actions. Members will receive an honorarium of $250 per term for the Fall and Winter terms.
Through this role, members will:
- Contribute their unique voice and vision to OCAD SU campaigns and actions and respond directly to student issues.
- Build, promote, and mobilize student engagement and activism.
- Strengthen communication, problem-solving, and outreach skills.
- Work in a collaborative team environment to empower and engage their peers.
- Work with other local organizations, community leaders, and student groups.
Interested students should email Ashwini Gawli, Director of Campaigns and Advocacy, at email@example.com with a written paragraph or audio clip* expressing your interest in joining the committee and answering the following:
- What does advocating for students mean to you?
- What are your skills, strengths, or experiences that would make you a good fit for this committee?
*Written Paragraph (Word Count: 400 to 600 words); Video or Audio Clip (Maximum Duration: 2 minutes)
Creative thinking and strong problem-solving skills would be considered an asset!